Supersport United
14 L Thwala(Pietersen’33)
26 T September
4 B Fransman
29 M Diouf
22 J Maluleke(Nyondo’61)
24 F Cale
18 M Gabonamong
8 G Maluleka
21 M Khenyeza
12 A Hartog(Nkoana ’77)



Competition: Absa Premiership
Date: Sunday, 25 November 2012
Venue:King Lucas Moripe Stadium
Kick-off: 15:30pm

Lamontville Golden Arrows have claimed a valuable away point as they drew 2-2 against SuperSport United at the Lucas Moripe Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

There will be some regret for Abafana Bes’thende coach Manqoba Mngqithi after his side twice led in the match, but the point gained must be viewed a good one.

Sibusiso Hadebe and Norman Smith were on target for the visitors, but they were pegged back by strikes from Franklin Cale and Mor Diouf.

Arrows had an early chance at Thamsanqa Gabuza found himself with sight of goal, but put his effort wide of the target inside the first four minutes.

Magogi Gabonamong sliced his effort wide of goal after a free-kick from Jabu Maluleke, before George Maluleka teed-up Mabhuti Khenyeza, but the striker put his effort over the bar.

Maluleke then had a shot of his own that was saved by Pavels Steinbors in the Abafana Bes’thende goal after more good work from Khenyeza to create the opportunity.
But it was the visitors who struck top open the scoring, Sibusiso Hadebe getting his first-ever PSL goal as he headed home on 22 minutes.

It was almost 2-0 just past the half-hour mark as Arrows struck a post, before the home drew level four minutes later.

Cale tapped home after with the easiest of finishes to score his fourth of the season for Matsatsantsa.

Ashley Hartog put the ball wide of goal after a scramble in the box, before Maluleka’s shot went just over in first half injury-time.

Bevan Fransman put his shot over the bar when well place, while at the other end Ronwen Williams produced a wonderful save to deny Smith.

Steinbors produced a fantastic stop of his own to keep substitute Atusaye Nyondo’s effort out of his goal, and that would prove important as Arrows took the lead with 15 minutes remaining.

The excellent Hadebe provided the assist from the left and Smith showed what a fine finisher he is by providing the goal-scoring touch.

It looked as though that may the winner until SuperSport grabbed a second, Diouf turning home Cale’s cross with four minutes left on the clock and both sides had to settle for the point.

Arrows’ next fixture will be on December 4 at home to Moroka Swallows.

SuperSport United (1) 2 (Cale 36’, Diouf 86’)
Lamontville Golden Arrows (1) 2 (Hadebe 22’, Smith 75’)

SuperSport: Williams, September, Fransman, Diouf, Thwala (Pietersen 34’), Maluleke (Nyondo 61’), Gabonamong, Maluleka, Cale, Khenyeza, Hartog (Nkoana 77’)

Golden Arrows: Steinbors, Zwane, Bilankulu, Musonda, Tom, Mlotshwa (Mapolisa 73’), Krjauklis, Nene, Hadebe (Khuboni 79’), Ntuli (Smith 58’), Gabuza

Golden Arrows
21 P Steinbors
8 T Mkhize
28 M Bilankulu
2 M Tom
4 J Musonda
3 R Krjauklis
7 R Mlotshwa(Mapolisa ’72)
25 J Nene
27 B Ntuli(Smith ’57)
13 S Hadebe(Khuboni ’78)
31 T Gabuza

Start typing and press Enter to search